YBD; MAY EDITION


This month I decided to cave in and buy a beauty box. There are lots and lots to choose from, but my inner saver has always advised me otherwise. Lengthy subscriptions just aren't for me. The You Beauty Discovery box is a monthly subscription and inexpensive..

The You Beauty Discovery box is available here. Every month, you pick two products out of a 'short list' to try and they send you three surprise products too! I found out about this box on her blog and loved the cheapness and range! It is perfect for those wanting to try something new.

So, in my first box, I decided to give the 'Oriflame Tender Protecting Balm' a go. This retails at £7.95 and their website so already covers the price of the box. It is basically a posh vaseline if you like. The packaging is a lot lot nicer and easier to get into due to it being a screw top lid rather than something you have to pull and tug at. Personally, I despise vaseline. This, however, I love. It is not as greasy as vaseline, and as well as that I have found it doubles up as an on-the-go moisturiser for my extra dry spots.
Will I be purchasing it? Yes

My next chosen product was the 'Glam Glow Supermud Clearing Treatment'. This retails at a whopping £45 (for full size version) from Selfridges and has always been on my desired list. Personally, I do not have bad skin, it is just porey. Imagine Regina George 'my pores are huge'.. Anyway.. Obviously at the price I have never wanted to try it in fear of it upsetting my skin or not making a difference. Me and my sister applied a thin layer of this today and instantly noticed a difference. Wow. Once it sets on the skin, you begin to see you pores get darker, it is weird man! Then, once it is removed your skin is left feeling amazing - and looking a lot better too!
Will I be purchasing it? Maybe as a gift for my birthday due to price

For my two sample products I received the Charles Worthington Salon How Leave-in Conditioner. I have never tried a leave-in conditioner, it has never been something that has appealed to me. When I have tried this I may have a change of heart, who knows. I also received the Divine Legs Fake tanner. I'm no longer a big fake tan gal, my days of being orange are well and truly over, however, due to this glorious whether I may have to give this a whirl - and hope for the best. For my fifth product they chucked in some granola. I'm not a huge fan of the stuff - but food is good.

Have you ever tried a beauty box?

Emily x


Share:

0 comments